The Franklin Heritage Commission shall have the designated powers and duties, including but not limited to, the ability to:
- Survey and inventory all cultural resources
- Conduct research and publish findings, including reports to establish the legal basis for a district and preparation of historic district ordinances
- Assist the Planning Board, as requested, in the development and review of those sections of the Master Plan which address cultural and historic resources
- Place any funds appropriated by the City Council into a Heritage Fund account for the purposes of the Commission. Any gifts of money given to the Commission shall be placed with said Heritage Fund account and may be expended by the Commission for its proper purposes
- Receive gifts of property, both real and personal, in the name of the City, subject to the approval of the City Council, said gifts to be managed and controlled by the Commission for its proper purposes
- The Franklin Heritage Commission may exercise all powers and duties of a Historic District Commission.