Excavation Tax

Every owner who intends to excavate earth shall file a Notice of Intent to Excavate (PA-38) with the assessing office in the city where such excavation is to take place. 

A separate Form PA-38 must be filed for each tract of land where the excavation will occur and prior to excavation.