Feel free to check this site frequently. Departments will post jobs here when they become available.
For a copy of the complete job description for any job posted - please contact City Manager's Office at 603-934-3900. You can fax us at 603-934-7413 or click here to send email.
The City of Franklin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click here for Application
WATER DEPARTMENT AND SEWER DEPARTMENT
LIGHT EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
The Municipal Services Department has a full time job opening for a Light Equipment Operator in the Water and Sewer Divisions. The position participates in the maintenance and upkeep of the City Water and Sewer Departments.
Must possess a CDL Class B drivers license. Possession of a Level 1 NH Public Water System Operators Certification in Distribution and Treatment, or must obtain within one year from the date of hire. Physical and drug testing required.
For further detailed information, either pick up a hand-out at Municipal Services or City Managers office at City Hall or click here.
Employment applications are available above or at Municipal Services Office at 43 West Bow Street, Franklin, NH 03235, weekdays 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and must be returned via postal mail or in person. The salary range from $12.91 to $16.94.
Deadline for applications is by 11 a.m. Wednesday, May 25, 2016.
The City of Franklin, NH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THE FRANKLIN FIRE DEPARTMENT
The City of Franklin has an immediate opening in our Code Enforcement/Fire Inspection Division. The Code Enforcement/Fire Inspection Office is a division of our Fire Department. This Inspector position was recently upgraded by the Franklin City Council from a 20 hour per week to a 40 hour per week position with benefits. The Fire Department is planning for an opportunity of growth and reshaping of the Code Enforcement/Fire Inspection Division. This Inspector position is dynamic in nature with the duties listed below;
- Enforcement of Property Maintenance Code
- Building/Construction Inspection
- Deputy Health Officer
- Fire Inspections
- Fire Investigations
- Assist when needed in Fire Department functions and operations
- High School Diploma
- Previous Code Enforcement Experience
- Fire Inspector II (within 1 year)
- ICC Building Inspection certification (within 1 year)
- NH Firefighter II
- NREMT Basic
- Live within 30 minutes of the Franklin Fire Station (within 1 year)
This position demands a candidate who has the ability to work in the public and represent the City with the highest level of professionalism.
The City of Franklin offers a comprehensive benefit package and salary range from $20.10 to $26.37. This job is classified as a NH Retirement Group I position. The City of Franklin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All interested candidates should submit a resume and City application (link above) to:
Kevin LaChapelle, Fire Chief
59 West Bow Street
Franklin, NH 03235
No later than 1700 hours April 20, 2016
Firefighter Advanced EMT or Paramedic
The City of Franklin is now accepting applications for a highly motivated individual that will demonstrate their commitment to our city. This position is for a Firefighter-Advanced EMT or Paramedic. This position works an average 42 hours per week, on a 24 hour rotating schedule. With further anticipated openings successful candidates may be considered for future positions.
Minimum qualifications for applicants include:
- 21 years of age
- High school diploma (or GED)
- Licensed provider to the level of Advanced EMT
- New Hampshire CDL with Tank and Air Brake endorsement
- New Hampshire Firefighter II
- Current CPAT certificate OR Lateral transfer of full-time career personnel pursuant to State of New Hampshire Administrative Rule 703.01
- Must pass criminal and N.H. motor vehicle background checks.
Additional consideration will be given to applicants with:
Successful candidates will be required to attain, within one year of hire:
- Residency within the established 5.5 mile residency radius from the Franklin Fire Station
Benefits: A generous benefit package that includes full family medical and dental coverage
Franklin is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Franklin Fire Department
Attn: Deputy Chief Goodearl
59 West Bow Street, Franklin NH 03235
No later than 1700 hours, Friday April 8, 2016
THE FRANKLIN FIRE DEPARTMENT
Call Fire Department Openings
The Franklin Fire Department is seeking motivated and energetic individuals to join our team of community service responders. Successful candidates will fill positions on our Call Company. On Call members are needed for response to larger incidents to assist with mitigation and support. These positions demand commitment and dedication.
These are paid positions:
Non- Certified- $7.25 per hour
Certified- $15.59 per hour
These positions will remain open until filled with qualified candidates.
Qualified candidates must:
1. Be 18 years of age
2. At least a High School Graduate or GED
3. Possess valid NH Driver’s license
4. Successfully complete interview process
5. Successfully pass criminal background check
6. Be prepared to attend at least 2 night trainings per month (Wednesday nights)
7. Live within 5.5 miles of the Franklin Fire Station
Anyone interested should contact:
Deputy Chief Goodearl
59 West Bow Street