Duties & Responsibilities
The Franklin Heritage Commission shall have the powers and duties designated in RSA 674:44-b I-III and RSA 674:44-d, including but not limited to the ability to:
- Survey and inventory all cultural resources.
- Conduct research and publish findings, including reports to establish the legal basis for a district and preparation of historic district ordinances.
- Assist the Planning Board, as requested, in the development and review of those sections of the Master Plan which address cultural and historic resources.
- Place any funds appropriated by the City Council into a Heritage Fund account for the purposes of the Commission. Any gifts of money given to the Commission shall be placed with said Heritage Fund account and may be expended by the Commission for its proper purposes.
- Receive gifts of property, both real and personal, in the name of the City, subject to the approval of the City Council, said gifts to be managed and controlled by the Commission for its proper purposes.
- The Franklin Heritage Commission may exercise all powers and duties of a Historic District Commission, conferred upon such commissions by RSA 674:46-a. [Added 9-6-2005 by Ord. No. 01-06; amended 6-5-2006 by Ord. No. 08-06]
- It shall be the duty of the Heritage Commission to develop a policy and regulations for the accomplishment of the purposes of this ordinance in accordance with RSA 676:8-9 and the review criteria.
[Added 9-6-2005 by Ord. No. 01-06; amended 6-5-2006 by Ord. No. 08-06]