We cannot change ownership on a property without having
a copy of the deed that reflects the new owner
This site does not contain tax cards. These must be obtained in the office.
The Assessing Department is responsible for ensuring all property within the City of Franklin is fairly and equitably assessed according to NH State Statutes. The duties of this office are diverse and involve (but are not limited to) the following:
- Update assessment data due to new construction, building permits, demolition permits, subdivisions, lot mergers and boundary line adjustments;
- Preparation of warrants – (property tax, yield, gravel, land use change tax, jeopardy & supplemental);
- Oversee & administer all Tax Exemptions, Tax Credits & Tax Deferrals;
- Update ownership records and maintain property record cards;
- Process abatement applications and administer abatements/refunds;
- Manage the Current Use, Timber Tax & Gravel Tax Programs;
- Monitor sales and analyze the local real estate market;
- Assist with State forms – (Current Use applications, Timber Intents, Excavation Intents, Low & Moderate Income Property Tax Relief);
- Maintain records for tax exempt properties; and,
- Assist taxpayers/general public in a courtesy professional manner.